Jr. Field Service Technician Application
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Carlsbad, NM; New Iberia, LA
* Have strong technical product knowledge of Alert Control Technologies Panels, Wiring in Panels to end devices, Solar panels and related charging system/ battery installation of all.
* Have a strong mechanical / 12 VDC electrical aptitude and problem solving initiative as well as pneumatic safety process systems.
* Have basic working knowledge of opening and closing wellhead.
* Be competent in reading and using multi-meter with test leads.
* Maintaining safe vehicle driving record and vehicle maintenance records.
* Maintaining neat well groomed appearance at all times while at work or performing work for customers.
* Report to management any system discrepancies or opportunities for improvement regarding field operations which may provide continuous improvement to the system.
* Be expected to effectively and professionally communicate, with management and other co-workers in order to perform the duties of this position.
* Be thoroughly familiar with, understand, and assist in the implementation of all existing and new operating procedures and work instructions.
* Understand and perform the processes as described in the position’s written operating procedures and work instructions where applicable to performing the duties of his/her position
* Be aware of the concepts of the quality system and the format of ISO 9001-2008 requirements as applicable to the position.
* Managing and reporting expense, inventory usage, billing information in a timely manner to Service Manager.
* Perform at all-time taking into consideration the DES Culture Card.
* Perform the required installation, trouble- shooting and or repair work according to a customer’s request in a safe, clean, and organized manner.
* Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide technical support to management and customers as necessary to resolve issues.
* Perform regular physical inventory counts as directed by management.
* Maintain a neat and organized work area on customer locations at all times. Clean up and dispose of any waste generated as a result of a service job.
* Perform duties of Shipping and Receiving per ISO operating procedures.
* Perform housekeeping duties as necessary on a daily basis which applies to company furnished living quarters and company vehicles.
* Follow all of the company's rules and policies regarding the HSE program requirements, while on-site at the facility, or off-site conducting company business.
* Facilitate the development of system documents such as operating procedures and work instructions that are needed in the field operations area, and support the implementation of such.
* Conduct company business as directed by the company’s management and further develop the system in accordance with the company’s mission and quality objectives and goals.
* Travel as necessary to conduct company business and represent the company in matters pertaining to the system.
* The minimum educational requirements for this position include a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Two to five years of practical experience serving as a technician in the oil and gas industry.